Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Plumbing (again) and Appliance Shopping

Today I went back to Atchison to go over plumbing details.

After our first meeting, they had sent us a summary of selections, and some of them were different than I remembered, so I wanted to go back and make sure we knew exactly what we were getting.

I got to meet with Marilyn, who is their resident expert, but was sick during our first visit there on January 19, so we had a fill-in.

She was so knowledgeable and very, very helpful and we got everything sorted out and finalized.

On my way home, I stopped by Goeman's to look at appliances. I looked at fridges, ovens, and cooktops.

I had a demonstration on induction cooktops. I had heard about how you can boil two litres of water in under 3 minutes, yet as soon as the pot is off the burner you can put your hand on it right away without getting burned. It's all true.

It was very fascinating, but I think we will end up buying a gas cooktop.

Scott has given me the go-ahead to shop for appliances without him, as his time is limited right now and I like to shop around thoroughly before making a decision.

His one and only stipulation is that he really wants a water dispenser on the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment